Monday, June 3, 2013

Pure Love




Stifled breaths
Toiled in dried dust
That chokes the aorta of my affection
A dozen dots; watch in confusion
A dozen dots; fooled by subtle expressions
Even as the garden of my love withers
The sun weeps
She has no purpose

I weep with her
Sadly, one can’t help the other
It’s a cycle that occurs
Every time I made a bed for a stifled lung
Stifled, to a depth that melts misery    
Stifled, to a certain consciousness
Stifled, to a craft beauty

It happens when saplings miss the dew
When flowers miss the bees
When tree tops quit trembling
When friends mature

It’s official
Comfort is a paint brush
that smears the substance of my wounds on a wall
For the world to see, stare, muse
Only then, I know my fingers were worth the tears
Only then…I’m free…

No comments: